VILLAS ON THE LAKE AT LAKE CONROE
Worst resort I’ve stayed in!
As an avid group of timeshare owners (Diamond Gold Elite) and travelers to numerous resorts over the years, this place was the worst resort we have stayed in. I honestly can’t really think of a good thing except for the fact that the woman at the desk seemed very nice at check-in, but other than that wasn’t around or couldn’t do anything about any problems we brought up.
- Asked for a crib and got a pack-n-play for my 22-month old son. Sleeping in a play pen is not ideal.
- Five minutes after check-in there was no one at the desk, door was locked. (This happened on numerous occasions throughout the week to us and others that we spoke with)
- Pot holders looked about 50 years old, that’s how ratty and disgusting they were.
- Furniture was worn, couch cushions flat as a pancake, who knows about the pull-out.
- We wanted a 3 bedroom but were told they were full to capacity, yet there were never that many cars or people in the place.
- Filthy, filthy pools and hot tubs!!!!!! Saw them cleaned once after and 80+ day when people were using them.
- A/C did not work well. The filter looked like it had not been changed in years. No wonder it didn’t work!
- Playground had nails poking up through wood. DANGEROUS! One concern was addressed and fixed the day after my husband told the front office at least.
- Only 6 towels for 5 people for a week and no mid-week cleaning and replacement like every other resort we have stayed at.
- Dead bugs and cobwebs under the vanity in one bathroom.
- One toilet did not work properly.
- Every faucet dripped and one shower dripped.
- Water for a shower was boiling hot or cold, no midrange adjustment.
- One remote, three TVs. They did provide two more remotes when asked.
- One TV kept cutting in and out like bad cell phone reception.
- Heard from others that they charged for a basketball, deck of cards, etc. and it was non-refundable even after the equipment was returned.
- No free internet! Doesn’t everyone have that these days.
- No free local calls, come on, really!!!
- Had to punch in a gate code to enter, yet the exit was always open?!
- Verticals in bedroom did not open, broken, no handle to turn or anything.
- Sliding doors had no proper locks, only a bar to keep them from opening.
- Didn’t know about the deadbold until the day we left. Had to turn the handle up?! Never saw that before, but maybe that’s just me.
- Parking in the back by the sliding door, but used the key in front, walk around the building to open up and then use the slider.
All in all, I whole-heartedly agree with the other unfavourable reviews. At least it was a timeshare exchange so we did not pay for it directly. Anyone who pays for this place is crazy. Maybe Diamond (previously Sunterra) is not paying attention to this one and will be rid of it, sooner would be better than later. As a “Diamond” resort, it fails miserably!