Surprised and not in a good way!
I am a frequent user of trip advisor prior to booking accommodation and the reviews for Parkway International sounded great. The excellent reviews we had seen prior to our visit were not what we were greeted with. We fail to believe that the apartment had been cleaned prior to us checking in. We had to request for the bed linen in both the guest room and master bedroom to be changed as when the linen was pulled back there were thick black hairs there. We had to inspect each towel individually and out of 4 not one was clean enough and again many bodily hairs found on the towels. We found numerous hairballs in the apartment – please see photos to support this below. There were a number of defects to the apartment/resort these include:
- Guest bedroom chest of draws 1 draw was broken and every time it had to be forced open it created wood chippings on the clothes in the draw below
- The light switch wasn’t working in the guest bedroom and the lamp had to be used manual
- There is no ceiling light in the guest bedroom and in an already dark room I had to move a lamp from the living room into here just to get by
- The wallpaper was peeling in one area of the kitchen
- Glass found on the floor in the guest bedroom
- Headboard in the master bedroom very tired and unstable
- Numerous stains on the curtains throughout the apartment
- TV Channels minimum and signal/picture quality terrible.
The fitness centre is big enough for 3 people maximum consisting of 2 running machines a bike, cross trainer and a weight machine. This is hardly adequate space for this resort.
No complimentary juice in the lobby at the weekend – “strictly Monday to Friday” as I was informed.
Uneven wooden walking planks throughout the resort which pose a risk for small children and adults of all ages. The toilets next to the pool are old and unclean.
One night on our way back to the apartment we spotted a Raccoon searching through the overflowing bins just meters away from the apartment. These bins were not emptied on a daily basis and I dread to think what other pests they were home too.
Overall a very disappointing stay at what we thought was going to be an excellent resort. One member of the party had stayed previously at the resort in the 90’s and it was clear that the apartments had not been updated since this time. This was something the reception even confirmed stating they were due for updating as Diamond Resorts had taken over.
We did receive a call from the guest service team to check how the accommodation was this was however on the second to last day of our stay. Being a week into the stay this was too little too late.
Another thing I feel is worth mentioning is that the security of the complex is very poor. Anyone one is able to drive in and park on the site this is not monitored. The apartments are also very accessible from the roadside. Being very close to the roadside some nights we did not feel safe in the apartment.
I would advise thinking twice before booking this accommodation if you would like somewhere clean secure and up-to-date.