Occidental Allegro Playacar Timeshare
Let Mercantile Claims assist you with Timeshare Release, Claims & Compensation
Let Mercantile Claims assist you with Timeshare Release, Claims & Compensation
Owners of Occidental Allegro Playacar timeshares often find themselves trapped in infinite contracts with rapidly increasing maintenance fees which ultimately stems from a mis-sold timeshare contract. Over recent years there have been a number of ground-breaking rulings regarding mis-sold timeshares by many timeshare groups and resorts which have resulted in refunds and compensation. Many owners of Occidental Allegro Playacar timeshare contracts are entitled to, or have already made claims.
There has been a huge increase in timeshare release enquiries and complaints from customers with Occidental Allegro Playacar timeshares.
Many concerns centre on the following factors:
If you believe you had a Occidental Allegro Playacar timeshare contract mis-sold to you or you wish to be released from your timeshare contract, please contact one of our experts at Mercantile Claims or fill in the form below.
Bad experience, never returning, stay away
Front desk: bad service, attitude, and poor admin
Upon our arrival after 10 hrs travelling they made us wait +2 hours because they didn’t have our reservation, they blamed AirTransat however after calling them they realized the booking was confirned since 3 days ago. Poor admin and blaming others was so unprofessional and unwelcoming.
Rooms: dated, serious AC issues, flooded
1st room: we were assigned room 4615 (at the club area 2nd floor), it was boiling at 27 C degrees, AC technician came 3 times but couldn’t do much. It had a palapa hay-roof with birds nesting and holes we could see the sky through. Impossible to sleep due to extreme heat and chirping birds. Terrible.
2nd room: We were offered another room with working AC however it was located at the kids area and in front of the massive AC equipment (extremely loud noise 24/7).
3rd room: After 3 days finally we were moved to a room in the first floor near the pool with working AC, however one night rained and the whole room was flooded, beds and sheets all wet… a nightmare! The Palapa hay roof of the unit above clearly was defective, and the rain water fell all the way down on to our unit. I wonder how did the passengers above dealt with such a mess…
Pool: is it a hot tub? Not refreshing at all. The water was so hot that people commented it felt like pee…
Pool bar: nice hard working people. Friendly and attentive. Management should have placed a TV at the pool bar so everyone could have enjoyed the FIFA soccer World Cup,
Food: nice Mexican bufete, but cheap materials. A la cárte Mexican restaurant was the single place where you could get a decent grilled steak, it was closed 3 days and extremely hard to get a reservation. The Italian restaurant was also closed some days and we couldn’t get a reservation. The Asian restaurant wasnt good, the pad Thai was made with normal dry noodles (not rice noodles), the sushi was disgusting (thin-shaved sashimi, and starchy normal rice on rolls)
Beach: lots of seaweed, brown and dirty water. Not the turquoise and clear water we always had in Playacar. Not the hotel’s responsibility. Global warming I guess…
That’s in a nutshell… stay away from this crappy hotel. There are much better options with Iberostar or Riu. Never again coming back to Barcelo Allegro Playacar.
Fill out your details below and we’ll get straight back.
Alternatively, give us a call on 0800 470 3900.
Our team here at Mercantile Claims are always on hand to help you with any issues, concerns or questions you have regarding your timeshare contract. Below we have listed the most common questions we receive on a regular basis. If you have a more specific question please contact our team of experts and we will respond with an answer as soon as possible.
Holiday full of surprises.
Took a while to finally write this review. I was still in shock what we had to experience as a matter of hospitality and customer service. I’ll write my honest review about this hotel so no other couple will pay this much saved money for a max 3 star hotel.
To start with the bad
We arrived to allegro Playacar on the 20th of june around 7pm local time which meant a very long sleepless flight, an hour transfer with a good amount of jet-lag.
So we were very tired. After our check in we had to go to another table with other hotel members so they can describe the hotel to us. We were very tired at this point and we just wanted to go to our room. The man called Emmanuel invited us to have breakfast in one of their other hotels so they can show us around there as that site is a more exciting jungle looking hotel( we were trying to go to that one first place but they were fully booked) so we decided to go because it looked like much fun area and why not to see something nice.
He met us next day at the reception and asked us to go with his colleague. What came after we were not prepared for. We had to listen a 5 hour time share presentation and money begging. We said NO several times but they were trying to bag for money in every possible way. They told us we can join and enjoy the occidental resorts everywhere in the world if we pay 22k but if we dont have that much just give something. We were absolutely shocked and dissapointed that we wasted this much time from our holiday not knowing what the whole thing WAS about until the end. We complained about them and told the hotel that is not acceptable to let this happen in a 4 star hotel. We saw these people hunting for arriving tourists every single day while we were there.
First night when we finally got into our room, we went straight to sleep and there was a heavy rain during the night so our roof started to leak on the bed straight on my head. The beds are not moveable so you have the option to sleep on the floor or you let the rain drip on your head. Luckily the rain stopped in a bit so we could have some rest. Next day was raining again and the room was leaking again, we asked for help. At the reception we’ve been told they going to come and fix the room. No one ever came even after asking 3 times, There are holes on the roof and theres a big gap betweek the walls and the roof so every type of bugs and mosquitos get in doesnt matter what bug repellent we used we got bitten every single night. One morning we had a flying cockroach in our room and my partner got very big bites on his back. We complained to the customer service girl and she said they will fumigate our room, This Didn’t happen so we couldn’t sleep or enjoy our holiday. Our cleaners packed our bags and moved every single thing in the room so we couldn’t find our tickets and passports. We had to ask the manager to come to the room and explain to them that is not ok to pack and move people’s things. She told us that nothing been stolen so no problem here. Thanks…
After we complained about all these things and didnt get any help or just even someone who cared, so we asked to talk to the hotel manager, we got the very condescending front desk manager ‘Israel’ (who will probably comment here too the same copy paste rubbish he does to every other poor review on trip advisor, but he better not to bother) We got a bottle of cheap tequila and kahlua in our room with some chocolate strawberries as an apologie but this didnt help with our problems at all, and our request to change rooms was ignored several times, and we will not get back our money.
Finally after 9 days at the hotel we’ve been moved to a bottom floor room where we had proper roof above us so no more animals were coming in. The shower was leeking from the light but thats a minor problem after all these things we had first time.
We were tring to enjoy our holiday and see as much as we can but we felt dissapointed and sad because we spent this amount of money and we just wanted to enjoy our holiday.
We dropped our phones in the water so we couldn’t contact any of the families for days, we were trying to contact them but after we asked at the reception if we can send an email or contact them they said they cant help so go to town try to find somewhere an internet cafe. Thank you again!
Luckily we found the best receptionist of the whole world ‘Diego’ who gave us his personal phone (hiding it from his bosses not to get in trouble) and he let us use for 2 minutes to let our families know we were ok, He was the only one who cared and spent some time to help us.
Some fun facts about the hotel bars and restaurants:
If you pay all inclusive:
The good ones(because there were good things too):
We went to Sian Khan jeep tour which was the best experience in Mexico. We drove jeep to unesco reservation area where we went to see dolphins in their natural habitat after that they taken us to see sea turtles. We went to the most beautiful lagoon after and had lunch in Punta Allen which is a fishing village looks like paradise. Marseille is a great guy and a very good guide!
Last but not least Diego on reception is a real legend! Helped however he could when we needed help! Happy and smiley person and a real man of hospitality, just a shame he is the only one in this hotel!
We would never go back to this hotel in the future but it still cant ruin the love for Mexico and playa del Carmen.
I suggest to go to different hotels if you want good customer service and helpful staff.
Travelled to Allegro Playacar for my neice’s wedding Nov 28-Dec 5….so disappointed….here are a list of issues….
1. When we arrived our room was not ready – supposed to be ready by 3:00 pm. Got our room at 4:30;
2. When we got our room there was water coming down through the light in the shower;
3. Our fridge was not working – took a couple of trips for the repair man to come to our room before it was fixed;
4. Their website says 4 bars (only 2 bars) and a disco (no disco – it was being renovated – they did open it at 11:00 pm the night of the wedding and then closed it again);
5. There was one temporary buffet set up for supper (lighting was very poor – especially when eating later);
6. Website says menu style dining in specialty restaurants. There was one temporary a la carte set up (very small). (There was supposed to be 4 I do believe). Each night they served a different meal but many people could not get reservations because so small;
7. Website says rooms with tub and shower – no tub in rooms;
8. Could not order Baileys until 4:00 pm and they ran out every single night;
9. There was supposed to be an internet café, a gift shop and a disco;
10. The construction noise was constant;
11. The buffet for breakfast was not up to par – only saw bacon once for breakfast – never saw any frying ham – we actually asked for some bacon and was told it would be on the menu for the next morning. I think because we were such good tippers to our workers – our server (Alex) who served us most of our meals – actually went in the kitchen and got some bacon for our table;
12. There was a pizza bar that was open until 9 pm each night and then once that closed there was a taco bar…on our last night (Dec 4) we went to get some pizza before 9:00 pm and it wasn’t even open – no pizza and no tacos – everything shut down…
13. Return of towels
There were 54 people staying at this resort for the wedding. Myself and my aunt met with the general manager and he didn’t do a thing –
We knew there were renovations going on but we were lead to believe these were completed by mid November. My sister received an email on November 25, 2016 advising renovations were not complete – they knew by leaving it that late there was no way they could change resorts for the wedding.
After getting home from trip – and sending a complaint…I was offered one free night on my next trip – well guess what – there won’t be a next trip…I would have to book a holiday with them so thus they are making money off me….I think they made enough of me and the other 53 people!!!
It is not worth it
We tried to enjoy 1 week in Playa del Carmen, The beach in front of Allegro playacar is beautiful, unfortunately we hadn’t had any idea about the terrible service in this hotel. We had a leak in the room, the beverages are the worst stuff I tried. The food is not worth it.
The sharks that are trying to sell the occidental members club are getting used to lying, offering unicorns, doing a complete show with champagne and balloons that doesn’t make any sense.
I hope everybody can double check everything and think twice before saying goodbye to your money. We lost 2 days trying to cancel the membership.
Be aware that they are good sellers of this “amazing membership” but they forget about customer service for any other request.
– The beach is beautiful. Soft white sand, crystal blue water. Very swimmable. The beach is simply the only reason I’m rating this resort “poor” and not “terrible”.
– The food at Allegro Playacar is terrible. Think middle school cafeteria. The “Italian Restaurant” is laughable. My wife ordered the lobster ravioli, she received three small raviolis on a giant plate, one of which had no filling…lol. The breakfast buffet is the most tolerable, but we avoided most of the food simply because it looked incredibly unappetizing, and indeed tasted very blah.
-The noise. This is the noisiest, most obnoxious hotel I’ve ever stayed at. My wife and I are 27 and for the most part enjoy partying a little while on vacation, but there simply is no escape from it at Allegro Playacar. The resort features some sort of entertainment every night until 11PM, so don’t plan on falling asleep before then because a pulsating bass ripples through the resort at an extraordinarily loud level. We eventually asked to switch rooms due to the noise level and our proximity to the stage. No use in escaping the noise at the beach, as the resort constantly blares electronic music near the pool/beach throughout the day. You couldn’t enjoy the natural sounds of the waves crashing or birds chirping.
– The rooms. Our AC unit was useless and didn’t seem to work. The rooms are outdated and feel dirty. The beds are outrageously uncomfortable. Rock hard mattresses sitting on top of a cinderblock frame. Our room had a box TV from the 1990s. It’s nice to have a room to escape to when on vacation….this resort unfortunately lacks in that comfort.
– The service. People were generally friendly everywhere, although there were a number of eyes being rolled at the front desk. They seem to respond better to Spanish speakers so I tried my best. Allegro Playacar has a 5 star “sister resort” near Xcaret Eco-Park called Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort. The goal is to get you to join them for an “investor’s brunch” to see the 5 star resort and sign up for a time share. We were constantly being asked to do this, and had to say no thank you loud and clear over 100 times during our stay. Every time you walk into the lobby of Allegro Playacar there is someone there waiting to ask you about it. These people get a bonus for each guest they get to the other resort. They offer gifts, discounts really anything they can to get you to go. Very annoying.
Overall we enjoyed our time in the Riviera Maya, but we avoided our hotel as much as possible due to the cons listed above. We will NOT be staying at the Allegro Playacar again.
I’ve been here at allegro playacar since Sunday morning and it’s been a horrible vacation so far. The place is ok with a beautiful beach.
Also , the food is decent..but do wish there was more Mexican food.
WHAT HAS REALLY RUINED MY VACATION IS THE COSTUMER SERVICE HERE.
I don’t know how many times ave asked for towels and to get my room cleaned, you would think that is standard with a ” four star ” all inclusive resort. I even booked a superior room , but no there is no service. Every time I called the front desk they are clueless about everything.
Undeniably the worst vacation ever!
Allegro Playacar-THE WORST VACATION EVER FOOD POISONING-
Diarrhea and puking at the same time! Rude front desk person-Ivonne.
She had me in tears Never told the place was under construction Toilets and showers don’t work properly.
Dirty water from upper unit shower draining into my shower-ICK Towels are frayed and threadbare Tasteless watered down drinks Mediocre food at best