We can help you terminate your timeshare Agreement Legally. Contact us Now to see if you qualify!
Fill out your details below and we’ll get straight back.
Alternatively, give us a call on 0800 470 3900.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Seaside Resort Customer Comments
Our team here at Mercantile Claims are always on hand to help you with any issues, concerns or questions you have regarding your timeshare contract. Below we have listed the most common questions we receive on a regular basis. If you have a more specific question please contact our team of experts and we will respond with an answer as soon as possible.
ROACHES. ROACHES. ROACHES
As a Holiday Inn Vacations Club owner my husband and I are so disappointed. The pictures online are a sham and the only decent place is across the street on the signature side.
I understand that they’re trying to renovate but that’s no excuse for having your guests stay in roach infested rooms.
There are huge gaps in the door that need to be sealed so of course roaches are going to have a field day. Roaches all over the kitchen counters, the floors, in the toaster, on the toilet seats it was a mess.
Their excuse was that it’s an island so there are a lot of roaches. I’ve been on many islands but never had to deal with roaches.
I recommended sealing the door gaps but of course they didn’t want to hear that. They sent someone to spray but that didn’t do a thing it must have been like candy for the roaches because they were still bad. Truly disappointed.
This stay being our first stay since purchasing our timeshare makes us question our buy. Did we make a mistake if that’s what we are going to be faced with?
Customer service pathetic, staff completely uncaring, don’t waste points or your money
This is a story of multiple disappointments from a nearly 20-year Silverleaf owner, when checked into a Presidential unit on March 4, 2018
1. Checked in about 8 p.m. Sunday night; suddenly car acted as if it had a dead battery. Called for a jump from security’s vehicle. While waiting, tried car again, it started. Called back (ph. 4444) and young lady on front desk told me they don’t do that ‘for liability reasons.’ Great. If I DID have a dead battery, it would have probably been 2-3 hrs to get a jump from AAA or a wrecker, since this resort is about 20 miles from town. GREAT humanitarian attitude.
2. Checked into room. Average (barely) condition, with cracked caulking around the tube and sink in bathroom, warped and swelling doors in bathroom and kitchen, showing repeated water damage. Several furniture items looked tired, old.
3. Checked WIFI (which Silverleaf, previous owners, started promising is ‘coming soon’ in about 2014 or 2015. No WIFI, promised it will be in soon, probably by this summer. LIE. (BTW, Silverleaf/Orange Lake, how is it that the cheapest motel chain in American can provide free WIFI in every room, yet a long-established ‘resort’ can’t do it after promising it to your owners for years????)
4. Phone didn’t work, TV in living room locked up on some kind of setup mode, can’t watch TV. Called for service, TV fixed next day, phone never was repaired. Other items included loose light fixture in bedroom, furniture that looked tired, old in some areas.
5. Left an item at home, so ordered item, scheduled next day delivery through Amazon. Item tracked, arrived at 3:20 p.m. At 4:20, 5, 5:30 and 5:45, front desk claimed item isn’t there. After demanding they search for the package, it was found ‘somewhere’ (never did tell me where) at 6:15 and I had to pick it up at the front desk. After commenting to the front desk clerk that, after losing my package for three hours, it would have been nice if they had it brought to my room, instead of me having to make another trip to the desk. Clerk shrugged her shoulders and said, ‘I can’t I’m here by myself’ even though there WAS another employee at the sales desk, trying to sign up another pigeon. (This person will try to sign you up for one of their ’60 minute owner updates’ which usually last 3 hours and end up as a sales pitch to buy another week.)
BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT waste your bonus time, your points or cash to stay here. NOT worth it!!!!
Bait and Switch! Beware!
I’m a recent Holiday Inn Club Resort owner.
We have yet to use our points to enjoy a resort.
We were contacted by a Club representative introducing an opportunity to attend an “one hour Orientation meeting” to explain how to use the points and benefits of being a club member. We thought this would be a great way to learn about our recent purchase and how to take full advantage of our “ownership”. Of course, the meeting appointment was at 1:00 pm which ruins all opportunity to make plans for the day. When we arrived they said it would be a 90 minute meeting.
The representative spent 75 minutes trying to up-sell instead of explaining how to use our benefits. Multiple times my husband and I asked “how do we take best advantage of our current points so we can best be experience our initial purchase?” The Representative responded, “I’ll get to that.” Finally after 2 hours the Representative came out with a Proposal for an additional purchase. We again expressed that we were only there for the “Orientation”.
We were then told, “This is a Sales Center; if you have a point price freeze from your first purchase, it is no longer valid now that we’ve conducted this “Preview” meeting. What Preview meeting??
An Absolute BAIT and SWIT! DO NOT believe Anything they tell you! When I called them out on this, they responded, “Orientation meeting? We don’t know who told you that!” How about the three representatives who kept calling us to schedule the Orientation meeting!!!! It was as if we made it up! Then they said that as of Yesterday we now have a price point increase.” Really, as of Yesterday? What a coincidence! Again, Do Not believe Anything they say. Get it in writing.
Of course I didn’t purchase more points and am SADLY disappointed that I made my initial purchase a company who has Absolutely NO Integrity. Do Not Fall for their calls, offers, or scams! Do Not Waste your Time or Money! Run!!!
Horrible Experience and No One Cared
We were invited here by Holiday Inn and offered a 3 night 4 days stay in exchange for sitting for a 2 hour presentation on a timeshare in Florida.
This is what we found in the unit we were assigned: Black mold in showers, rugs in dining and living areas filthy and blood on them, cockroaches in kitchen, sink in second bathroom didn’t drain, door handle areas black with dirt, vent fan in master bathroom clattered, couch was dirty, view was of porta-potty and dumpsters. Management was notified but offered nothing.
We stayed long enough to fulfil our tour obligation and then left early to get away from the disgusting unit we were in.
If you wanted to impress us, that wasn’t the way.
We are die-hard Holiday Inn fans, but are so very disappointed in what happened to us.
Won’t be back anytime soon…
Our first indication that this was not going to be what we expected was the 15-20 min drive from Galveston. Way too far away from town. When we checked in the clerk was friendly, checked us in quickly and gave us a sheet of paper to take to the guy across the lobby (literally turn around, take 10-15 steps) to get our parking pass for the week.
Here is when we learned it is a vacation club and they want us to sit through their sales pitch (we told him we have RCI but that didn’t stop him apparently everyone needs multiples vacation clubs). We go to our room (not beach front like we thought) but in the unit in the far back corner of the property. No WiFi and when called the clerk acted like I was stupid.
There was no coffee pot in the room so we went and bought one. Couldn’t get into our room with the key, two maintenance employees had to get that figured out after a trip back to the main building. We had no extra bedding so I called to see if we could get another blanket.
They were waiting for a shipment of blankets but would put us on the list. Must have never come in because we never got one. In the morning I could see why I was cold because there was light coming in all around the door making it pretty chilly. We checked out two days early (was not refunded any portion of our stay) and the clerk didn’t even act surprised like it happens often.
We could have stayed in town for a small amount more but it would have been worth it. Don’t spend the money, keep looking!!
Be careful with timeshare sales pitch tactics
Mediocre facility and very small compared other facilities.
We were visiting a friend who wasn’t in the room when the phone rang. My teenage daughter answered the phone and the hotel clerk told her that our friend forgot to claim his free dinner tickets. Somehow, the conversation turned into a timeshare pitch appointment.
When we tried calling back to explain the confusion and let the gentleman know that our friend already had a timeshare they told us that we had to show up for our friend because his credit card would be charged a fee if we didn’t and then he accused us of lying about a 15 year old calling.
We were told it would take an hour and it turned into 3 hours. Oh, and then we were told that our private conversations were being recorded during the pitch but the person checking us in should have told us. They didn’t.
Then, they showed a timeshare film and we were locked in the room until it was over!!!!!!! The visit took 3 hours and we told these people we were only showing up so our friend wouldn’t get penalized because we mistakenly answered the phone.
We even explained that we couldn’t afford a timeshare and explained why several times. They didn’t take no for an answer. We went through 3 sales pitches, many pricing pitches, and it was the most annoying process ever! It ruined anything positive about the resort.
It was disgusting and I will never stay at Holiday Inn ever again because of it!
Silverleaf Resorts, now owned by Holiday Inn Vacation Club.
We are timeshare owners with Silverleaf Resorts, now owned by Holiday Inn Vacation Club.
We are extremely disappointed by location – 18m from downtown Galveston – very remote for a place that calls itself Galveston Beach Resort.
Apartments are nice and clean, but a long way from convenient and still no internet/WiFi service in the rooms. “Resort” has limited amenities and service from check in staff and maintenance is adequate at best. You must find the Grocery stores in Galveston before heading out here or you’re stranded with a 35m round trip to get milk.
There are a few gas stations/package stores on the way – closest to the resort is 3 miles