Let Us Help You With Your Elkhorn Resort Timeshare Termination & Claims Today!
Fill out your details below and we’ll get straight back.
Alternatively, give us a call on 0800 470 3900.
Elkhorn Resort Diamond International Timeshare Complaints and Reviews
Our team here at Mercantile Claims are always on hand to help you with any issues, concerns or questions you have regarding your timeshare contract. Below we have listed the most common questions we receive on a regular basis. If you have a more specific question please contact our team of experts and we will respond with an answer as soon as possible.
Primary Care Conference
Rented a 3 bedroom cabin for one night on May 10, 2019. Attended an excellent conference on May 11, in the Elkhorn resort conference centre.
The cabin was expensive and disappointing.
The cabin was very dated, felt somewhat bland and oppressive, and the bathrooms were not as clean as I keep my home.
We had to call to ask that someone come to show us how to use the electric fireplace, and no one ever showed up despite saying there would be someone attending to help.
The kitchenette was decently stocked with accoutrements albeit no kettle for making of tea.
The sound system used at the conference was more often not working and actually became distracting and interfering with the presenters.
I will never stay in the cabins again.
The pool and outdoor hot tub were lovely however.
Outdated and pricy
Outdated and pricy
My family and I just got back from our vacation from Elkhorn and I can honestly say that it’ll be the last. The front desk was less than helpful when checking us in, including directing us to the elevator but failing to tell us the elevator was out of service.
The room was clean but was outdated. Our mattress was in desperate need of replacing so much that my husband slept on the couch. After bringing it to the attention of the hotel staff we were told they’d look into it but never got back to us. Out of the 3 nights my husband slept on the couch for 2. When we questioned the front desk upon check out we told that they didn’t look into it and just made a note.
The housekeeping staff were more helpful then any other employee there by directing us how to get all our luggage out to the car without climbing all the stairs.
The new pool area was very nice and was always stocked with towels.
Overall, the amount that people are paying per night, you’d think they’d make some much needed upgrades to the rooms.
Lipstick on a pig
We recently stayed at the Elkhorn Resort for 2 nights. We had heard good things about it but had never been there.
It is a 2/3 star hotel that thinks it is a 4 star hotel. Just because you offer a spa and call yourself a resort doesn’t mean you are a high quality establishment.
The room we stayed in was very dated, stained carpet and probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in.
The restaurant food is not good and very overpriced. The restaurant was filled with flies that we had to keep swatting away. There were no apparent efforts to rid the restaurant of flies. Also, when I asked for dipping sauce for my child’s chicken fingers, I was told they do not offer any dipping sauce. This is a minor issue, but if you are going to sell chicken fingers, then maybe offer some dipping sauce as well. The deep fried fish they served as part of the fish and chips we ordered was rock hard. When we mentioned this to the wait staff, we were told it could not be cooked less or it would be raw. This doesn’t make any sense. Your chef is either lazy or doesn’t know how to prepare food.
The pool area was the only nice thing about the resort. Very kid friendly and clean.
After we paid, I mentioned these issues to the front desk employee. He seemed very surprised that we had these complaints and I was equally surprised that he genuinely thought the resort was great.
We ended up getting a 10% refund after I explained why we would never return to the Elkhorn. But that isn’t enough to get us to return.
Summary: Overrated. Too expensive for the quality of what you receive. Find somewhere else to stay in the area.
They CLAIM to be a 4 Star Hotel, NOT
I found the Elkhorn to be completely run down and in need of a massive renovation.
The rooms are dark and basic and I stress basic. Definitely, not a 4 Star room.
The staff we completely unfriendly and not helpful.
The gym, pool and deck were recently renovated and nice but that is all the positive things I have to say for this hotel. I would never go back.
Poor Customer Service: Elkhorn Resort
1. While checking in we waited for 20+ minutes while the two ladies at the front desk continued to answer the phone and go through the entire pricing and availability for 2016 with people who were not even at the resort and left the people in line waiting.
2. We ordered dinner at the Buffalo Bar restaurant and waited for 1hr with our 3 year old and still were not served. We ended up going back to the room and asked for it to be delivered, it came another 30+ minutes later.
3. While waiting again for 20+ minutes at the front desk to purchase dog sled tickets, the two ladies again continued to answer the phone while customers waited in line. There was no sign as to where to line-up and I was cut by other impatient customers 3 times. When I confronted one of them, they were angry at me even though I seen them walk in 5 minutes prior. I told the lady at the front desk they needed to put up pylons with a sign that states “the line starts here”. She seemed to think there was no problem and they didn’t need such a thing. After all of that I went to buy tickets for the dog sled and they wouldn’t let me purchase the tickets since my son was 3. Not to mention they only allowed 2 people on at a time and was $45 per person for a 15 minutes ride. I have been to other dog sled rides in which they do not exempt young children, not as family oriented at the park as they state.
4. We decided to go on a horse back ride since the dog sled was a miss. The ad states, open all year round. They were closed.
5. We decided to order breakfast to the room in the morning since the restaurant service was too slow for a 3 year old to wait. They wouldn’t let anyone order anything on the breakfast/room service menu and stated they were only doing a buffet for $14 each.
6. There was no where else to eat but the Buffalo Bar, so we ended up going on a road trip to find a good place to eat. Erikson Golden Nugget and Minnedosa Hotel were the closest and offered much better food, great service, at a reasonable price. Worth the drive!
7. Other things that could be improved for the price:
– Carpets replaced
– Sauna at the pool
– 12+ age limit for the hot tub (since when are 4 year olds allowed in a hot tub)
– Winter Brochures for stuff to do (include pricing, location, age limits, etc.): Dog Sledding Info, Snow Mobile Rental Info, Cross-country Skiing Rental Info, Down Hill Snowboarding/Skiing/Tubing Info, Horse Riding Info, and anything else available